Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thing 7 Content Saving & Sharing

Thing 7, Content Saving & Sharing

F

Thing 7, Content Saving & Sharing

For this “thing” I looked up BitDroid for the first time. Like most people, I have been used Pinterest before.

Pinterest
Pinterest is really for the visually thinker/learner, which is pretty much everyone these days. Pinterest has been very useful to me in generating ideas for passive programs, displays and just getting the creative juices flowing. As well as being a great source of finding great Fandom Art and humorous memes. Pinterest serves and a one stop shop to get, store and organize all things fun and even educational.
That being said, Pinterest App  does have some downsides. The first is that it is it it is difficult to use on a small screen. Pinterest is completely visual. Because Pinterest is all about seeing and browsing, I think it one of those programs/apps that are actually more enjoyable on a tablet or a laptop where the screen is bigger and the user can appreciate the features and uses of Pinterest. Using Pinterest on a smartphone is like watching ‘Gravity’ on your ipod. Its just better on a larger screen.
The second and last problem I have seen with Pinterest is, like all social media sites, very public. Thanks to facebook and the rest I am not sure if there are a lot of people like me --someone who doesn’t want to share all their ‘likes’ with everyone. But I would appreciate it if social media sites made it easier to create privacy settings. And keep those settings. It is possible to do “like” or “pin” some things privately, however it is pretty difficult to figure out how to do.

BitDroid
This app seems to be the opposite of Pinterest. Instead of being all about pictures and visual learning and interest, it is simply a collection of shortened URLs.
Difficult to Organize
I guess I am a visual learner because I sort of miss seeing the pictures along with the URL’s. Also I can’t figure out how to rename the URL’s.

Can’t explore
Also there isn’t the social media aspect with BitDroid. That is, with Pinterest I go out, search a term and find all these great URL’s and then save URLs, but with BitDroid its is just a collection of URLs I have made myself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment