Friday, June 6, 2014

Thing 8 Social Media


I have just recently cut back on my social media use. So I find it a bit funny that I should be asked to use an app to organize my now-nonexistent social media use.

At one time I had a LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, Google+ (I think I used that one for like a week before I gave up on it)  and Pinterest accounts. At some point I did download and try Hootsuite. I just remember feeling overwhelmed by it. Especially since I had so many social media accounts connected to organize. When going through your Facebook accounts it can be overwhelming enough to go through updates. But to go through updates on five social medias on once. I was seeing too much. I preferred to just go on each social media individually.

What I ended up doing was hooking up my Twitter and Facebook accounts. So that anything I Tweet also goes on my Facebook.

Hootsuite can save time if a person does not want to log into log into different accounts individually, but as long as the person can handle seeing so many updates at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment