Saturday, March 1, 2014

Thing 5 Note Taking


Before reaching this task I used a really simple and straight forward app called ColorNote. It suited me just fine. When it comes to notetaking I just want something simple. I want to get into the app and get down to taking notes. So when reading my reviews for these apps just know that for me, the simpler the notetaking app, the better.

For this task I downloaded for Bamboo Loop, Remember the Milk, and Springpad. Personally I didn’t really care much of any of them for notetaking. I think they try to do too much! Its like having a phone that does thousand things at a touch of a button, but you have press 50 buttons to place a call. But if I had to pick I from these three as my note taking app, I would “Remember the Milk”.
bamboo paper

Bamboo Loop
I needed to make an account for each of these apps. Why do we have to do that? Can’t the app just know it’s on my phone? I’m just sick of giving out my email and hoping I remember my password for another thing.

Anyway, I couldn’t find an app called “Bamboo paper”, but I did find Bamboo Loop. First of all, I don't think this app is all that intuitive, and I'm a fairly tech-savvy person.  If I can't figure it out pretty quickly, I lose interest pretty quickly. In about 5 minutes of working with it I hardly figured anything out about it. But when I did figure out how to send a “loop”, it turned out not to really be for note taking. It’s more for a sending a picture with a pictures with a little message/note. But it’s not really for note taking.

Another thing that really turned me away from this app is that although the app itself is free, you have to pay for applications for the app.

remember the milk

Remember the Milk
This app is OK. It’s a little more intuitive. But it seems to be for a lot more than simply taking notes. You can add tasks for a particular day in the future, or the day of, or you can simply take notes. You can also add a location that the notes are for. You can decide if the notes/tasks belong in your “inbox, personal, study, work or sent” inbox. You can also add tags to notes/tasks. Thank goodness there is also a way of searching within the app so if you forget where you put the note you can find it via keyword search.

Basically there are so many parts to this app for organizing your notes/tasks that I think it’s a bit too much for me. Like I said, if I want to take notes on my phone I want to just get down to it and not have to decide what inbox it’s in, what tags it needs etc. But if you were someone who did want to take a lot of notes on your phone the organization features could be useful if you get used to them.

 springpad
Springpad
Once again I don’t really see this item for notetaking. I see it as more of a way to organize and keep track of URL’s  and web pages I like. It also reminds me of pinterest a little bit. Because has built in suggestions for various topics such as recipes which is fun but not great for note taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment